Sunday, August 29, 2010

Love Locks at the Paul Homestead



On Saturday night, we were probably doing one of the coolest things in St. George, and possibly on earth- putting our un-unlockable Love Lock on the Love Lock Gate on Main Street.
We were invited to the inaugural ceremony by our dear friends, Randy and Tammy Paul. We got a lock and put an inscription on it. The inscriptions were supposed to be ones of love. At least, that was my impression. Michael, of course, joked about bringing an unlockable lock in case one of us got a 7-year itch. Or worse. A 7-year Rash. He's a funny guy.
So, I was trying to think of something profound about eternal love when Tammy said, "They Said It Wouldn't Last," as a suggestion for hers and Randy's first Love Lock.
So, that set the tone and Michael and I entertained many possibilities. It was hard to choose an inscription. For an un-unlockable lock, you have to be pretty sure of what you are choosing.

We chose, "The Three Best Friends That Anyone Could Have B.M.W." Ask me if you want to know what that is in reference to. (I just ended that sentence with a dangling participle. Forgive me.)
It was fun, and a really cool idea. It reminded me of the chalk wall on Charlottesville's Downtown Mall, only the messages are permanent. So, that was that.

2 comments:

RachelAA said...

How cute and fun! (And I love your reference to your incorrect usage of grammar - it's rare for people to recognize that one!)

Bonny@Spontaneousniceties said...

Haha. Thanks, Rachel! I try to recognize! :)